Monday, December 11, 2006

My Day Laborers

Six days into my semi-paralysis ordeal and I've landed myself my own personal day laborers. They come in early in the morning, ask what needs to be done during the day, grab my walker when I need it, prepare my meals, and then they leave when it's dark. And they work for cheap.

My day laborers are my family and close friends since at this point I am still unable to be home alone. My mom spent Sunday here and out of the deal I got:

a beef roast
a pork roast
mashed potatoes
7 dozen pizzelles (a yummy Italian cookie-type treat)
chicken breasts
ravioli
meatballs
rigatoni
for those of you wondering, I did not eat all of this in one day; this represents our meals for the week
all laundry completed
my hair washed
a ride in my wheelchair around the 'grove (it was 50 degrees on Sunday after all)


Today, Mark's mom and aunt spent the day. Their day duty included:
cleaning the downstairs bathroom
cleaning out the refrigerator
dusting the entire house
cleaning the upstairs bathroom
fetching me Quiznos, potato chips and chocolate covered pretzels

My friend Tammy offered to come down later in the week to help me. I'm hoping she doesn't read this blog before she comes down; she'll surely back out once she sees what's expected of her (just kidding, Tammy).

My only worry now is how do I repay these Day Laborers of mine? Hopefully they'll take the payment in the form of cuddling with cute, healthy Buddah Babies.

3 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Wow, I didn't check for a couple days, and look what's happened! Seeing as though a new mom with twins won't be available as a personal slave, what about offering your day laborers one of those home massages you received?

Thanks for your comment on my blog, btw. References from home always make me smile :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.