Friday, January 15, 2010

Pierced!






After months of gentle prodding by Jillian, and more than a few times of my backing out, Jillian finally got her ears pierced tonight.






She had been asking for this for at least a year. I told her when she was potty-trained we would get them done for her. She became potty-trained and I still wasn't ready, so I told her when she was three she could have them done. Since her third birthday has come and gone, and she still seemed more than eager for earrings, we decided tonight was the night. She, along with her big cousin Ava, made the trek to the mall for the big event.






Both girls did absolutely great. Neither one of them cried, or flinched even. And, they did each ear individually instead of both at the same time. She's so proud of herself and I'm proud of her too!






*******






I'm always chuckling at the things Max and Jillian say. It seems like they always have some sort of story to tell. The best part is that they love doling out compliments and I, of course, am always willing to take them - especially if they come from these two. Tonight, Jillian and I were cuddling in bed. She started stroking my eyebrows. She said: "Your eyebrows. They are so beautiful on you." Adorable, right? "They look just like Pappap's". Thanks a lot, kid. Needless to say, I'm going to find a place to get them waxed first thing in the morning!

No comments: