Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Life I Could Get Used To?

So I'm starting week 3 of my mandated bed rest, and now I'm really worried. Worried that this is a life I could get used to. What happens if after I'm cleared of bed rest (ie after the babies are born), I don't feel like doing anything? What if all I want to do is lie around in bed? And have food brought to me? And have someone do my cleaning? My cooking? My laundry? My shopping?

And I'm worried that I'll forget how to do all those things. Is driving really like riding a bike? What about fixing my hair or putting on my makeup? What about putting on normal clothes and shoes? Will I have a sense for what's in style?

On another note, our nursery is coming together quite nicely. We put some of the bedding on and Mark finished setting up the closet. The closet in the nursery is a nice sized space, considering this house is almost 100 years old and most homes this age don't have big closets. Anyway, Mark (with some help from my dad) added an extra pipe to hang the babies' clothes on --- Mark painted one of the pipes pink and the other pipe blue and we bought pink hangers and green hangers(we didn't like the blue ones) to separate the clothes. Mark washed some of the baby clothes we do have and my mom and I spent some time folding them and sorting them by sex and size and started to put some of them in drawers. I can't believe how many sleepers and onesies we have already. All mostly hand-me-downs from a friend and my sister (how ironic, the poor thing spent her life getting all my seconds).

The babies remain very active -- which I just love. I was reading a book earlier today and was resting it on my stomach and the kicks were so strong (I think it was Max's) that it actually moved the book off my stomach. And, the movements I'm feeling are actual movements and not just kicks. If I keep my hand on my stomach, I can actually feel them flipping around or moving positions. It's such an odd feeling. Mark will keep his hand on my stomach enough to feel a kick but then he gets freaked out by the alien-ness of it all that he removes his hand quickly. I think hearing me talk about the kicks and movements is enough to satisfy him.

No comments: